Chocolate Protein Pancakes, makes 8
macros (per pancake with blueberries): 153 calories, 4.3g fat, 23.3g carbs, 7.3g protein, 8.9g sugar, 3.6g fiber
3 bananas, mashed
1T. coconut oil, melted
1T. lemon juice
1 cup oat flour – (oats ground in a food processor)
1T. ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the mashed bananas, coconut oil and lemon juice.
- Beat in the eggs.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oat flour, protein powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Form a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. With a big spoon, stir just until the dry ingredients are thoroughly moistened. Do not overmix.
- Let the batter sit for 10-15 minutes. Add almond milk and blueberries (if using).
- Heat a heavy cast iron skillet/non-stick pan over medium-low heat, or heat an electric griddle to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly oil the surface with coconut oil and/or cooking spray.
- Once the surface of the pan is hot enough that a drop of water sizzles on it, pour ¼ cup of batter onto the pan. Let the pancake cook for about 3 minutes, until bubbles begin to form around the edges of the cake.
- Once the underside of the pancake is lightly golden, flip it with a spatula and cook for another 90 seconds or so, until golden brown on both sides. You may need to adjust the heat up or down at this point.
- Serve the pancakes immediately or allow to cool and refrigerate or freeze.